Timiș County Energy Management Association is an energy management organization established, with Intelligent Energy Europe support, by the Timiș County Council involving other five other partners: Timișoara Municipality, Owner Associations Federation Timișoara, COLTERM –Timișoara thermal energysupplier, “Politehnica” University of Timișoara and Timiș County Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture.
Recognising the crucial role of energy efficiency for economic development and the climate changes issues in Europe and understanding the important contribution of sustainable energy production and use can sustain to a positive economic and environmental development, Timiș County Council initiated Timiș County Energy Management Association establishment.
The Association’s main objective is to contribute to the sustainable development of the Timis County, by promoting energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources, energy being an extremely important factor which affects all aspects of development –social, economic and environmental.
- Promoting the concept of sustainable energy and energy management principles to local authorities, educational establishments, health, economic,…;
- Promoting local, regional, national, European and international local interests and attract local sponsors for programs and projects of economic and social development specific to energy, environmental protection and other areas;
- Promoting energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources;
- Promoting existing funding mechanisms (national, FREE, EBRD,…).
- Changing attitudes and behavior in use of energy;
- Encouraging local market penetration of renewable technologies and energy efficiency technologies;
- Contribute to the sustainable development of the Timis County.