ARAEN, the Operational Tool of the Region
ARAEN, a special structure of the Region, for three years of experimental activity, has been created through the European SAVE II project with approval granted by the European Commission with contract nr. ENER/4.1031/A/99-006, is non-profit and apart from supporting Regional policies, its objectives are in any case to:
- Increase energy need management through the promotion of energy efficiency;
- Support a better and more rational use of local and renewable energy sources in order to optimise the latter in view of their utilization also in private and public construction;
- Optimise production costs;
- Support the research of the best methods for exploiting the energy needs in the region;
- Manage the regional functions in the field of energy.
All agency actions are always performed in a way to preserve the environment and to control atmospheric pollution.
In detail ARAEN will:
- Better the conditions of life in mountain areas also through the creation of a biomass market and other sources of renewable energy which will give the possibility of an additional income to the local population (farmers);
- Adopt the best technology available in order to save energy both in the public administration and private consumers;
- Support research activities in the field of energy;
- Contribute to the economical development strategy of the region through the use of a proper energy management;
- Better the local conditions by increasing the use of biomass, hydroelectric power plants and the natural gas produced in the region;
- Reduce the cost of energy supply;
- Direct the public opinion towards a more responsible use of energy;
- Facilitate the development of renewable energy that have a low impact on the environment;
- Complete all of the assigned tasks given by the regional directorate.
Issued nr.2 calls for public funding related to RES: PV and Solar thermal;
Agreement with EDENS for the creation of an Wind Power centre for energy technologies (CETE);
Participation to the works of the Italian Hydrogen task Force;
Coordination of National actions related to the use of natural gas and LPG within those municipalities at risk of pollution;
Agreement for the use of renewable energies within ATER (social housing);
Regulation for the installation of wind power plants in the Abruzzo Region ;
Agreement with the Ministry of Environment for the use and valorisation of biomass;
Preparation and submission to the EU Commission of the highvalley project (FP6 – Concerto) within the Highville initiative of Norsk Hydro
Support to the Energies of the Future:
As of February 2003, the ARAEN has initiated an activity in the field of hydrogen as an energy vector. The latter, thanks to our initial participation in the HYNET, Hyville, Hydrogen and fuel cells meeting and invitation to the Italian FISR (Special Research Program) Project. As of today, we are considered active partners in the Italian Fuel Cell Task Force. All of these projects analyze experimental integrated systems for the generation and distributed use of hydrogen produced with renewable energy and with a negative emission of CO2. In addition ARAEN aims at an ambitious project for the integration of Hydrogen with renewable energies and energy efficiency measures as a solution for the sustainable development of a river basin (Treste).
Directive 2009/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009, sets a mandatory 17% target for Italy for share of energy from renewable sources in gross final consumption of energy to be achieved in 2020. According to it, the Burden Sharing Decree (MD 15/03/012) by the Italian Government defined and […]
The Abruzzo Region in cooperation with FEDARENE and the Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy are organising a Conference on Regional Plans for Climate Adaptation and Implementation of Energy Policies, on the 29th of September. Please find below all the practical information you need in order to participate to this event: Programme of the Conference Venue […]
FEDARENE and ARENE Île-de-France organized several events in Paris from 2 to 4 December.
The Abruzzo Region organized a workshop on Succeeding in the Energy and Environmental transition on 3 December 2015 in Paris, during the COP21 European Forum. Concrete experiences in tackling climate change challenges, sustainability and renewable energy sources
ARAEN (Abruzzo, Italy)
This is aimed at those considering development of an AD plant, covering the main aspects needing consideration, specific to each EU country involved in the project.