AREAM - Agência Regional da Energia e Ambiente da Região Autónoma da Madeira
Edifício Madeira Tecnopolo, 2° andar
PT-9020-105 Funchal - Madeira
Tel: +351 291723300
Director: Filipe Oliveira
AREAM - Regional Agency for Energy and Environment of the Autonomous Region of Madeira is a private non-profit association, recognised as public utility, having the mission to promote the innovation and cooperation in the energy and environment domains.
AREAM was established in 1993, catalysed by the Regional Government of Madeira, with 51 founding associates, including governmental institutions, entrepreneurial associations and most active companies in the Region.
The Vice-Presidency of the Regional Government, which is the authority on the energy sector, in accordance with its Organic Law, exerts supervision on AREAM, being the representative of the Autonomous Region of Madeira in this Association.
AREAM provides support to the economic agents of the region, and acts as a catalyst for innovation in the local energy sector through its partnership with regional and local authorities.
Specifically, AREAM is involved in:
- Energy auditing
- Promotion of technology
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Wind farms
- Integration of renewable in small and isolated networks
- Geographical information systems and local energy sources
- Management of electricity demand in hotel sector
- Park& Ride System in Funchal
- New management systems and equipements in the transport sector
- Rational use of energy in hotels and industry
- Environmental management in the industrial and hotel sectors