B&SU - Beratungs- und Service Gesellschaft Umwelt
Manager: Armand Dutz
Contact International Section: Thekla Heinel
B.&S.U. mbH combines specialist knowledge with funding and management expertise to implement complex projects. We link the development of projects, strategic advice and practical implementation and are responsible for the successful implementation of entire projects including ensuring the proper use of funds. Our focus is in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental protection, local climate protection and sustainable urban and regional development.
From our head office in Berlin and in our branch offices in Bonn and Dresden, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of services from strategy development to conceptual design, from planning to funding, management and evaluation of programmes and projects.
Objectives and strategy
B.&S.U. mbH was founded in 1991 and has experience from more than 6,000 local, regional and international projects. In terms of our partners and clients, we put our experience to good use in implementing projects and programmes optimally and efficiently.
We work with competent partners at the local, regional and international level and use our contacts in the international field in project procurement, e.g. for applications to international funding programmes.
- Programme execution of the ERDF co-founded Berlin Environmental Relief Programme II on behalf of the Berlin Senate Department for Health, Environment and Consumer Protection;
- Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) projects like for example the energy saving competition “Energy Trophy®”, come2CoM – Sharing urban sustainable energy strategies – promoting the Covenant of Mayors and “Clean Drive”, a campaign for cleaner vehicles in Europe;
- Development, application and management of INTERREG projects like for example EnercitEE- European networks, experience and recommendations for energy efficient cities and citizens (mini-programme, INTERREG IVC);
- National Coordinator for the European Energy Award® in Germany and member of its international forum www.european-energy-award.org;
- Elaboration of integrated Communal Climate Protection Concepts and Co2 balances;
- Implementation of evaluations and studies like for example the evaluation of the Berlin Energy Programme (Landesenergieprogramm) 2006-2010;
- Development and management of events on regional, national and international level, for example "Structural Funds - an Important Instrument for Promoting Climate Protection in Cities, Municipalities and Regions", an event at the European Sustainable Energy Week 2010 in Brussels www.bsuberlin.de/en/projects/selected-projects/structural-funds-event.html;
- Management and implementation of Twinning projects on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection).