FAST - Federazione delle associazioni scientifiche e tecniche
P.le R. Morandi 2,
IT - 20121 Milano
Tel:+ 39 02 77790304/305
Fax: +39 02782485
President: Roberto Negrini
Director: Alberto Pieri
Contact: Rosaria Gandolfi
FAST (the Federation of Scientific and Technical Associations) was founded in Milan in 1897 and it is an independent non profit organisation, legally recognized by Law of October 30th 1995 by the Minister of Scientific and Technological Research and Universities, operating on national and international level, directly, or through its associated organisations and dedicated to:
- offer customized services to industry and public administration;
- favour the Italian participation in European Research and Technology Programmes and their dissemination;
- plan and carry out initiatives regarding advanced training and professional schooling;
- deepen knowledge in the field of research policy and of tecnological development;
- promote cultural debate, information and scientific dissemination;
The Federation brings together, the most qualified and representative scientific and technical associations in Italy totalling over 50.000 members. The list of the federal associations is visible on the home page (Associazioni federate).
These can be individuals, such as executives, tecnicians, researchers in industry, universities, representatives of self-employed professions as well as corporations, institutions and organisations of various legal nature.
FOIST, the foundation in favour of the development and diffusion of instruction and of scientific and tecnic culture, acknowledged by law of the President of the Republic of Italy on the 25th January 1965 n°86, is a direct spin-off of FAST.
The Foundation mission is to support the development of scientific and technical education and the diffusion of scientific knowledge.