Consiliul Judetean Maramures - AMEMM
Consiliul Judetean Maramures
Str. Gh. Sincai nr. 46
RO - 430311, Baia Mare
President: Zamfir Ciceu
Contact: Adina Dumitru
The Maramures County Council is the regional public administration authority responsible for the co-ordination of the local councils of communes, towns and capital cities for the purposes of achieving the public services of county interest. One of its main responsibilities is to adopt and monitor the implementation of strategies, prognosis and economical - social programmes for the sustainable development of the county.
Activities – Targets
Maramures County council has set its energy objectives, as follows:
- Increase of energy efficiency at regional level by promoting energy management practices, improving the energy performance of public buildings in the region, awareness raising and motivation of citizens with respect to the efficient energy use;
- Create a Local Energy Agency
- Increase the share of renewable energy sources at regional level and implementation of new technologies for electrical power production
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions for all activities in order to stop climate change
- Minimise the environmental impact of the production, transport, distribution and utilisation of all energy forms.
In 2009, the Maramures County Council in partnership with other public institutions established the Energy Management Agency of Maramures (AMEMM).
The Agency carries out its activities on the basis of the Grant Agreement IEE/07/Agencies/489/SI2.499572 concluded between the Maramures County Council and Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (EACI) of the European Commission (project funded 75% by Intelligent Energy Europe).
General Purpose of the Agency
- promote the sustainable energy concept and energy management principles at the level of the local authorities, education, health institutions, businesses (irrespective of type of ownership), etc;
- transpose at local, regional and national level the Community acquis of the European energy policy;
- encourage the introduction on the local market of the renewable and energy efficiency technologies;
- change the mentality and behavior of energy users; promote the local interests at regional, national, European and international level and attract funding for local economic and social development programs and projects in the energy and environmental protection field as well as other related fields;
- promote the existing funding mechanisms (national programs, FREE, BERD, etc).