Better than Best Practice
– Skills & Knowledge to Achieve Near Zero Energy Buildings –
Two-day Conference & Training event
Wood Quay Venue, Dublin, October 15 & 16 2014
(N.B. a charge is expected and places are limited)
The first day conference will debate the present and proposed initiatives to achieve nZEB and upskill workers around Europe, such as QualiBuild and Build up Skills (BUS) in Germany. The second day will be a training course funded by the EU project SustainCo with expert speakers from Europe.
Conference, October 15th – €95 (attend both days for €145) (limited to 100 places)
The first day programme will allow to listen to and debate on a number of issues around the nZEB practice with a number of expert speakers from across Europe. Hear about:
- Initiatives from Ireland & Europe to support up-skilling of building construction workers.
- How building professionals and companies are responding to the changing landscape of regulations and standards.
- New technologies and systems which are emerging as key requirement for nZEB practice.
- Torsten Windmueller, KOMZET – Training Irish Crafts Workers in Germany – Lessons from HEAT Plus and CESBEM
- Seamus Hoyne, LIT – Foundation Energy Skills Training for Irish Construction Workers
- Tomas O’Leary, Passive House Academy – Training the Trades in Building Excellence – the Passive House Approach
- Rolf Rehbold, Build Up Skills Germany – German Build Up Skills (BUS) actions, current activities and regional initiatives on “smart builders” and quality networks
- Robert Butler, CIF – Employers Approaches to Construction Worker Training
- Joseph Little, Joseph Little Architects – How the Code of Practice of Retrofit and other tools can help raise the standards of design professionals
- Simon McGuinness, Dip Arch, MRIAI – “BIM, nZEB and Retrofit – The Father, The Son and The Holy Grail”
For the detailed Conference programme, please click here.
nZEB: Design Essentials Training, October 16th – €95 (limited to 20 places)
This training will provide participants with an introduction to nZEB policy and legislation, cost optimisation calculations, design aspects and renewable technologies used to achieve Near Zero Energy Buildings with examples of case studies and technical and financial toolkits.