On the 28th of March 23017, a webinar was held in the framework of the EEW3 project where speakers discuss the progress in energy efficiency policies in the EU28 as well as the new prospects opened by key proposals of the Clean Energy Package.
Over the last 10 years, the importance of energy efficiency in European policy has steadily increased. Today, energy efficiency is a key element on the EU’s political agenda. Policy makers are progressively recognising energy efficiency as a suitable means to address the triple challenge of economic recovery, energy dependency and climate change. Starting in 2006, Energy Efficiency Watch (EEW) projects accompanied this process. The EEW facilitates the implementation of EU energy efficiency policies by collecting information on this process and by providing this information to a variety of stakeholders, including European, national, regional, local policy makers and experts.
- Organisers: FEDARENE & Energy Cities
- Recording of the Webinar
Agenda + Presentations
- Introduction – Catrin Maby (FEDARENE rapporteur).
- Christiane Egger, OÖ Energiesparverband & FEDARENE: “The Energy Efficiency Watch – Progress in energy efficiency policies in the EU 28“.
- Michiel Rijsberman, European Committee of the Regions, Rapporteur on the Energy Efficiency and Buildings Opinion.
- Open discussion on the recast proposals of the Energy Efficiency and Energy Performance of Buildings Directives, with members of the European Networks – with the participation of Catrin Maby, FEDARENE rapporteur. (FEDARENE’s position soon available)