The Catalan Government, together with the ICAEN, has created a Task force to boost photovoltaic self-consumption in Catalonia in order to make the PV self-consumption easily accessible to the citizen
The Catalan Government, together with the Catalan Institute for Energy (ICAEN), has created a Task force to boost photovoltaic [PV] self-consumption in Catalonia in order to make the PV self-consumption easily accessible to the citizen. The main goals are:
• Facilitating joint action and the coordination between the different stakeholders involved in self-consumption: public administrations, companies of the PV sector, professional and consumer associations, distribution system operators (DSOs), electricity purchasers, manufacturers and distributors of PV components, etc.
• Overcoming the main existing barriers: administrative procedures, urban planning and municipal regulations that prohibit or restrict PV on buildings, grid connection, lack of training of installers, etc.
To achieve these objectives, the Task force is organized in different Working Groups (WGs), which have the following goals:
• WG1 – grid connection: clarify and reach an agreement, in the framework of the current legislation, between the PV companies, the DSO and the Catalan Government, about the technical
specifications and procedures for the grid connection of PV self-consumption installations.
• WG2 – public administrations: propose measures to harmonize and simplify the municipal permits.
• WG3 – communication: carry out actions to disseminate PV self-consumption, mainly among citizens.
• WG4 – grants: design the grants for PV storage systems in households. Grants for PV storage systems in households have been given and different communication activities have been carried out: social media campaigns, web information, leaflets, etc.
Agreements in relation with the grid connection procedures and technical specifications have been taken and a model of municipal ordinance to simplify administrative procedures and promote PV selfconsumption is being prepared.