Jul 22nd, 2019 to the Jul 26th, 2019
Spital am Pyhrn, Upper Austria, AustriaVISIT WEBSITE
OÖ Energiesparverband is inviting young professionals interested in the energy transition to a novel type of event in summer in Austria: the International Clean Energy Challenge!
33 young professionals and researchers under 33 (born after 1985) will be invited to tackle the energy transition challenge in an event of collaborative thinking across disciplines. Bright young innovators will develop concrete solutions for sustainable energy in buildings, industry and transport.
An event for young professionals where they can:
* Tackle real-life challenges presented by our corporate and institutional partners and develop concrete solutions in diversified and interdisciplinary teams.
* Network with innovative companies and benefit from professional mentoring and training from their management staff.
* Meet other young innovators from all over the world. Build-up your peer network!
* Be inspired for new ways of thinking about the energy transition!
* Win an award for the best project!
* Spend an unforgettable week with like-minded people in the beautiful Austrian Alps! Experience Austrian hospitality and enjoy an exciting mixture of workshops and leisure activities.
Bright young thinkers from all disciplines (business, engineering, economics, social sciences, law etc.) and from all over the world!
* minimum work experience of 3 years or undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor)
* strong interest in the clean energy transition
* good knowledge of English
* born after 1985
22 – 26 July 2019 in Spital am Pyhrn, Upper Austria
The region of Upper Austria is an ideal location for this event: Through significant increases in energy efficiency and renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions from buildings have been reduced by 41 % in 10 years. Nearly 60 % of all space heating and 31 % of the primary energy in Upper Austria already come from renewables.
1. Complete the online application form at by 10 April 2019.
2. The organisers will select 33 young innovators based on the quality of their applications.
3. Plan your trip! The organisers will cover costs for accommodation, meals and the programme during your stay in Austria.
4. Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The event is held by the Energy Agency of Upper Austria, OÖ Energiesparverband, the organiser of the international conference World Sustainable Energy Days.