Beratungs- und Service Gesellschaft Umwelt (B&SU)
B.&S.U. mbH combines specialist knowledge with funding and management expertise to implement complex projects. We link the development of projects, strategic advice and practical implementation and are responsible for the successful implementation of entire projects including ensuring the proper use of funds. Our focus is in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental protection, local climate protection and sustainable urban and regional development.
From our head office in Berlin and in our branch offices in Bonn and Dresden, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of services from strategy development to conceptual design, from planning to funding, management and evaluation of programmes and projects.
Objectives and strategy
B.&S.U. mbH was founded in 1991 and has experience from more than 6,000 local, regional and international projects. In terms of our partners and clients, we put our experience to good use in implementing projects and programmes optimally and efficiently.
We work with competent partners at the local, regional and international level and use our contacts in the international field in project procurement, e.g. for applications to international funding programmes.
- Programme execution of the ERDF co-founded Berlin Environmental Relief Programme II on behalf of the Berlin Senate Department for Health, Environment and Consumer Protection;
- Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) projects like for example the energy saving competition “Energy Trophy®”, come2CoM – Sharing urban sustainable energy strategies – promoting the Covenant of Mayors and “Clean Drive”, a campaign for cleaner vehicles in Europe;
- Development, application and management of INTERREG projects like for example EnercitEE- European networks, experience and recommendations for energy efficient cities and citizens (mini-programme, INTERREG IVC);
- National Coordinator for the European Energy Award® in Germany and member of its international forum www.european-energy-award.org;
- Elaboration of integrated Communal Climate Protection Concepts and Co2 balances;
- Implementation of evaluations and studies like for example the evaluation of the Berlin Energy Programme (Landesenergieprogramm) 2006-2010;
- Development and management of events on regional, national and international level, for example “Structural Funds – an Important Instrument for Promoting Climate Protection in Cities, Municipalities and Regions”, an event at the European Sustainable Energy Week 2010 in Brussels www.bsuberlin.de/en/projects/selected-projects/structural-funds-event.html;
- Management and implementation of Twinning projects on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection).
he new Compete4SECAP project, or C4S, is building on resources developed in previous projects such as 50000&1 SEAPs working on the topics of energy management and action plan standards and the Save@Work project that organised municipal energy-saving competitions.
The “Guide on good practice in energy efficiency for Central and South Eastern Europe (CESEC)” that gathers more than 60 good practices meant to support a clean energy transition in that region has been published.
The year 2017-2018 is important for many FEDARENE members who celebrate their milestone anniversary.
The second ManagEnergy Master Class gathers 23 senior professionals from Local and Regional Energy Agencies to learn about how to develop sustainable energy projects from concept to implementation.
Read more about the Compete4SECAP project, and how it supports local authorities in reaching Covenant Of Mayor’s 2030 requirements.
CoME EASY elaborates synergies between EU initiatives focusing on energy and climate in order to support public local authorities for the achievement of their 2030 targets.
Municipalities are improving their Climate Strategies thanks to EEA quality management and certification system (IMPLEMENT Project).
B.&S.U. developed the European Climate Adaptation Award, a quality management process and certification system enabling municipalities to integrate climate adaptation into their communal processes.
FEDARENE member regions and energy agencies are dedicated to helping municipalities in fighting climate change and preventing its unintended consequences. Read this new publication and find out about some of our best practices’ examples in the field!
This Spring 2018 edition features articles on climate adaptation. Because of natural disasters causing great damage on geographical, social and economic levels, energy experts are starting to think about ways to reduce these calamities and to continue the fight against climate change. Wallonia, Skane and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes are three European regions invested in this fight who developed innovative ways to implement climate adaptation measures on the ground.
News and Conclusions from E-Mobility Works: Integration of E-mobility in European municipalities and businesses
News from the “E-Mobility Works” project: Deploying E-vehicles in European Fleets
The Compete4Secap conference in Germany takes place in the framework of Berlin ENERGY DAYS 2020 – Digital Summer of Energy Transition.
Join us for the last session of Module 3 which focuses on Risk Analysis and the development of Guarantee Schemes on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of February!
B.&S.U, the Berlin Agency for Electromobility, the Region of Kronoberg and the Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden will share their experiences regarding the transportation of goods.
We are please to announce that the Module 2 of our ManagEnergy Master Classes is now open for application.