Енергийна агенция – Пловдив (EAP)
The Energy Agency of Plovdiv (EAP) is the first energy management agency established in Bulgaria under the SAVE II program of the European Commission (EC).
It is now one of the few such agencies established in Central and Eastern Europe following the decision of the EC in 1999 to expand the program to our region.
The EC and others public stakeholders have considered EAP a huge success in the country and in the region since its inception in 2000.
Areas of Intervention
EAP is carrying out its activities promoting energy efficiency and clean energies, as well as identifying and developing new energy projects.
Energy Efficiency (EE) is a new concept in Bulgaria; supply side issues used to be the main topic for discussion on the national agenda. A success has been shifting the focus to the demand side of energy, bringing attention to energy consumption issues within the community and providing practical ways for individuals, communities and businesses to improve their energy management.
Priorities and Programmes
Covenant of Mayors and Sustainable Energy Communities
- EAP develops action plans for sustainable energy development; <\li>
- EAP promotes RES, the use of local resources, and implementation of EE measures.
EE and RES in SMEs
- EAP conducts energy audits and provides advice on reducing energy costs;
- EAP develops financing projects in the framework of funds and international financing programmes.
EE and RES for Buildings
- EAP conducts energy audits, studies and concepts;
- EAP promotes and assists in switching from fossil fuels to high-technology RES installations for heating and cooling
EAP facilitates financial contracting from third parties
EAP advocates the construction of “green” buildings.
- EAP develops regional strategies, policies and action plans on mobility management for companies and municipal and regional authorities;
- EAP introduces alternative means of transport;
- EAP develops car-sharing schemes;
- EAP provides training in mobility management for companies, municipalities and NGOs;
- EAP conducts evaluations of mobility management projects.
- EAP develops and adapts educational materials for students and teachers;
- EAP carries out educational and informational campaigns
EAP integrates eco-energy knowledge and skills into teaching materials and plans.
Eco-Energy Planning and Development
- EAP creates municipal strategies, programmes and plans for EE;
- EAP undertakes studies of RES potential;
- EAP creates municipal plans for the encouragement of the use of RES and biofuels;
- EAP develops and updates municipal plans and programmes for air-quality management;
- EAP updates municipal programs aimed at preserving the environment.
Expertise and Consultation
- EAP provides technical advice on project implementation and assistance in the development of projects;
- EAP offers training and activities for municipalities, businesses and NGOs.
- EAP conducts pre-project and pre-investment studies;
- EAP offers assistance in securing investments in innovative projects;
- EAP helps clients apply for, negotiate the terms of, and manage projects;
- EAP monitors project implementation;
- EAP advises project stakeholders.
The first series of QualDeEPC national workshops have been successfully completed.
The Expert Mission was delivered from the 12th to 14th February 2020 with the Energy Agency of Plovdiv (EAP) in Bulgaria.
PUBLENEF’s final conference was the ideal frame to take stock of the current energy efficiency policies and discuss the upcoming changes and potential enhancements. The PUBLENEF Horizon 2020 project since February 2016 has been focusing on mobilising public authorities at local, regional and national level and connecting them.
Launch of the InventAir project whose major aim is to explore the multiple environmental and climate impacts of energy poverty by focusing on the development and implementation of clean air and energy poverty policies in Eastern European countries.
EAP Plovdiv: Increasing the capacity of local authorities to fight energy poverty and promote clean air policies
Find out how Energy Agency of Plovdiv is fighting energy poverty and air pollution within local communities with the replacement of old heating equipment and the creation of a network platform of energy advisors to address the problem.
The Energy Neighbourhood Project’s aim is inspiring and encouraging communities to reduce energy consumption through behaviour changes.
BAMBINI aims to promote soft mobility in children lives and convince parents to use car-free mobility in order to achieve internalization of eco-friendly means.
The Development Strategy Plan will be the guidance for the development phase of enhanced EPC schemes, tools needed, and specifically the Deep Renovation Network Platforms.
Analysis of the gaps and shortcomings in the current EPC schemes in QualDeEPC country partners and national priority approaches to their resolution.
A common vision for an improved Energy Performance Certificates scheme.
A detailed analysis of the potential enhanced Energy Performance Certificates elements as well as a cross-country comparison matrix.
Catalysing the EU Renovation Wave in the transition to the next-generation Energy Performance Certificates
Webinar – How QualDeEPC and its two sister projects approach the development of enhanced EPC schemes
POSTPONED. On April, 22th 2020 the International Conference “All Bulgarian Cities” will gather key stakeholders discussing the future of Bulgarian Cities in the transition towards Smart Cities.
INVENTAIR: Mapping energy poverty and assessing its impacts to support clean air policies in Eastern Europe
Register for the Inventair webinar on mapping energy poverty and assessing its climate impacts to support clean air policies in the Eastern European countries
This webinar aims to discuss these questions among others and assist those considering to draft and implement ambitious local and regional EE policies and actions.