Building on the findings and methodological approaches of EEW1-EEW3 and experience and network of the consortium members, this project will add a new dimension to the traditional approach of policy analysis. EEW4 has three main objectives, of which the first focuses on the roll-out of the revised EU directives on energy efficiency under the umbrella of the Clean Energy Package (CEP), primarily on EED and EPBD. The second objective aims at generating new insights on the link between policies and narratives, and the third objective is the application of this knowledge for narrative building and testing.
Objective 1: Discuss and broadly disseminate the essence of revised EU directives with decision makers and the relevant stakeholder community, through:
- Events of the Parliamentary network (European and national level)
- Events of network partners (regional and municipal levels in all EU-MS)
- Dissemination of findings and results via website, social media and a brochure
Objective 2: Create a strong link between energy efficiency policies triggered by the new EU directives EEW and EPBD, and supportive narratives. This will be achieved through:
- collecting input from various stakeholder groups on elements for narrative building which can support policy implementation in the respective country and sector context (MEPs, National Parliaments, Regional and local energy agencies, Scientific community, Business stakeholders).
- Structuring and analyzing the input by a group of experienced experts in the project team, supported by selected external experts and a focus group of from the various stakeholder groups.
Objective 3: Develop and test new narratives and provide policy recommendations. This will be achieved through:
- Writing ten case studies, in which the interaction between the implementation of policy instruments and supportive narratives is shown in different country and sector contexts.
- Testing these case studies with a broad variety of stakeholders and, based on their feedback.