On the 11th of July, prizes for the best energy saver participating in the European Enterprises Climate Cup were awarded. The European Enterprises Climate Cup [EECC], supported by the Intelligent Energy Europe programme, was a competition of small and medium sized enterprises – which are the backbone of Europe’s economy – within and between countries aiming to achieve the highest energy saving. The project reminds us that reaching the Energy Efficiency targets is not only a governmental challenge, but will require efforts from Europe as a whole, citizens and companies as well.
The EECC award ceremony was the occasion to award the 3 European winners of the Climate Cup:
1st place: kaneo green IT – GERMANY
2nd place: Denkstatt Bulgaria Ltd. – BULGARIA
3rd place: Uponor – LATVIA
From each partner country national winning SMEs were elected the “Energy Saver of the Year” – with the highest reduction in CO2 emissions and the most convincing energy saving measures:
- AUSTRIA – Windkraft Simonsfeld
- BULGARIA – Denkstatt Bulgaria Ltd.
- DENMARK – Sønderborg Forsyning
- FRANCE – une autre ville
- GERMANY – kaneo green IT
- IRELAND – J.F. Walsh Packaging Ltd
- ITALY – Gabbantichità Restauri
- LATVIA – Uponor
- MALTA – On site Malta
- SPAIN – Òmnium Cultural
Find out more about their measures and energy efficiency strategies by consulting the EECC Booklet
The Awards were delivered with the participation of representatives from EASME, the Eurochambres and DG Environment:
- “Helping enterprises doing more with less energy“, by Adrian PERES, Head of Sector – Industry, Products and Consumers, at the European Commission’s Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- National Awards delivered by Michael Steurer, Energy & Environment Policy advisor, Eurochambres, the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- “Enabling SMEs to turn environmental challenges into business opportunities” and European Awards delivered by Peter Czaga, European Commission, DG Environment, Eco-Innovation and Circular Economy
The European Enterprises Climate Cup brought together 175 participating SMEs, from 10 countries (Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Malta and Spain). Participants have had one year to implement measures in their own entreprise in order to reduce their overall energy consumption – the greater the reduction the bigger their chance of winning the competition.
- Learn more about the European Enterprises Climate Cup HERE