Ente Vasco de la Energía (EVE)
The Basque Energy Board, EVE, was created by Decree No. 81/1982 on 5 April as a Public Limited Company. Since it’s creation EVE has been responsible for implementing the Energy policy of the Basque Government. Currently the EVE Group Staff is constituted of 304 members.
The EVE Group provides services in the areas of:
1. Energy Efficiency in the Industrial, Transport and Residential and Services sectors.
- Technical assistance Diagnoses and energy audits; consumption monitoring; advice on energy and environmental legislation; viability studies for CHP facilities and other types of investment; certificate of energy efficien cy in buildings; vehicle diagnosis; energy studies in ships, etc.
- Training Master’s degree in energy efficiency; postgraduate course in energy efficiency in industry; training for operators of equipment with high-energy consumption; specific courses in CHP; atmospheric pollution; climate control and other energy-related subjects.
- Support for designing information and publicity campaigns.
- Publications and simulators of energy-consuming equipment.
2. Renewable energy (solar thermal and photovoltaic, wind, landfill biogas, small hydro, biomass, etc.).
- Technical assistance Assessment of potential and energy strategy studies; Technical and economic viability studies of investment projects; design, construction and operation of energy projects, etc.
- Publications and videos.
3. Energy planning
- Technical assistance Definition of energy policies and strategies, energy balance sheets, industry-specific studies, definition of indicators.
- Publications. (See our web site www.eve.es)
- Computer models of energy trends.
- Energy legislation.
4. Natural gas Infrastructure and Distribution
5. Exploration for hydrocarbons
6. Hydro-geology and mining
- Technical assistance in hydro-geology Complete hydro-geological studies; studies of municipal supply; assessment of existing sites; underground water studies and quality control; assessments of potential of surface water; viability studies of using mineral water and water with medicinal properties.
- Geological theme maps Regional hydro-geological maps; metallogenetic maps; mapping of industrial rocks and minerals.
- Mine exploration.
7. Quality, human resources and business organisation
The EVE Group’s activities are concentrated in the Basque Country, although since 1989 the company has extended its operations to cover specific projects in various countries in the European Union, Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America.
EVE is in constant contact with the economic world of the Basque Country and its clients include leading Basque companies, state bodies and professional organisations. Internationally, EVE’s most important clients are the European Commission – through its Directorates General for Energy and External Relations – and multilateral banks. EVE habitually works in consortium with local consultancy and engineering firms and others from the European Union.
With this Green paper on good practice in EPC assessment, certification, and use, QualDeEPC provides further analysis, policy proposals and draft descriptions of tools on the seven areas identified by the project.
Discover the renovation plans for the district heating network of Belgrade, one of the biggest in Europe
The new ultra-low temperature network in Iurreta will increase the efficiency of the existing heat plant reducing the energy bill and the CO2 emissions in the building complex.
Know more about the different interventions to be performed by the RELaTED project
Read about EKIAN, the biggest PV plant in the Basque Country, which is a public-private initiative of EVE and KREAN and has 22 investors. The investment is 24 million EUR and will produce electric energy equivalent to the annual consumption of 15.000 households.
Since 2011, EVE has been promoting energy service contracts for financing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and which has mainly involved advising Basque public authorities on how to develop energy service projects.
EVE (Basc Country, Spain)
EVE (Basque Country, Spain)
Ente Vasco de la Energía (EVE) draws up an overview of Basque Country energy data in a new report!
Sip your summer drink while catching up on the RELaTED latest activities.
FEDARENE members work on a large variety of renewable energy projects. Check out the latest and most impressive ones in this new brochure!
Olga Macias, researcher in the field of energy efficiency in buildings in Tecnalia, explains the intervention developed by the RELaTED project in the demonstration site of Iurreta (Spain), in order to test the possibilities of the ultra-low temperature district heating systems in a corporate building complex.
Learn more about Home renovation Programs and the opportunities they offer for the achievement of the Green Deals’s Objectives.
Opportunities and Solutions to finance home renovation in Europe
EVE organises this event to disseminate the experience of the EuroPACE project and other similar initiatives at different levels, as well as municipal experiences of financing different projects related to achieving a more sustainable society.
The Thematic Workshop “Regional and Local financing for sustainable energy planning” aims to address questions on financing with the help of testimonies from European regions, stakeholders, and European level experts.